Medicare Hospice Benefit and What it Provides
The federal Medicare Hospice Benefit is covered under Medicare Part A. The Benefit covers virtually all aspects of hospice care with very little, if any, out-of-pocket expenses to the patient or family. Soulistic Hospice is fully certified by Medicare.
Medicare covers these hospice services:
- Hospice physician services
- Nursing care
- Medical equipment (including hospital beds, wheelchairs, and walkers)
- Medical supplies (including briefs, wipes, oxygen, bandages, catheters and much more)
- Medications for managing symptoms and controlling pain
- Home health aide services
- Social workers
- Dietary counseling
- Grief support for patients and families
Download the Medicare Hospice Benefits brochure.