What Sets Us Apart
Soulistic Hospice is a local, faith-based, nonprofit, State Licensed, Medicare Certified, and Joint Commission Accredited hospice. We are committed to serving Santa Cruz and Pima Counties.
Our caring and compassionate team strives to deliver the highest level of care available, including pain and symptom management that incorporates complementary treatments where appropriate. We work with skilled nursing facilities to provide respite and acute inpatient care and tailor our dignified care to the needs of the patient and their loved ones.
We view this final phase of life as holding tremendous potential for emotional and spiritual growth for all involved. We embrace the privilege to be part of this process with humility and a deep respect for the individuals and families who allow us to assist in this special passage of life.
Many members of the Soulistic Hospice team are Interfaith Ministers, committed to a life of loving service to all humanity. Their care and attention to the psychospiritual, physical, and emotional needs of the patients and families, is done within the context of the patient and his or her family's beliefs which are respected, upheld, and uplifted.
Services Provided are covered 100% by Medicare, AHCCCS, and most private insurances:
- Physician Services (including home visits)
- Registered Nurse Case Managers
- 24/7 On-call Care and Support
- Hospice Related Medications
- Expert Pain and Symptom Management
- Integrative/Alternative Therapies
- Medical Equipment and Comfort Supplies
- Home Health Aide/Homemaker Services
- Social Services
- Spiritual Care and Emotional Support
- Registered Dietician
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Volunteer Services
- Continuous Home Care (during periods of crisis, allowing your loved one to stay at home)
- Short term Respite Care and Inpatient Care
- Free Patient Evaluations
- Professional and Community Education
- Bereavement Services
Our dedicated hospice team works together with a high level of cooperation, coordination, and communication, serving our patients and families with the utmost respect and consideration for every individual involved. We are more than just co-workers, we are a family and a team committed to serving the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those with a life limiting illness.
Our volunteers are invaluable members of the hospice team, providing additional home support at no cost to the patient or family. Such support includes:
- Companionship and friendship
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Short-term respite care for the family/caregiver
- Running errands
- Assisting with meals and shopping
- Bereavement support
- Language interpreters
- Healthcare professionals providing alternative therapies
- Administrative assistance in the office
- Community education
Hospice services are covered under Medicare, AHCCCS and ALTC benefits, as well as many private insurances. However, in cases where no insurance coverage is available, our services are provided regardless of ability to pay.
As a Nonprofit Service we serve everyone regardless of their ability to pay. Your patronage and donations help us to provide services to those less fortunate. We greatly appreciate the generous contributions from individuals, community and church groups, corporations, foundations, bequests, and memorials.
Soulistic Hospice does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, religion, or age in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment. For further information about this policy, contact: Dr. Marayeh Cunningham at (520) 398-2333.